Top Christian Coaches #1 Goal and How To Achieve It
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” ~ Phil. 4:13
To become the best at anything takes experience, skill, knowledge and practice. Top Christian coaches know that excellence does not happen by accident. Today's article addresses actions you must take, to improve yourself and your skills.
Whether you plan on becoming masterful at Christian coaching within your community, your current profession, a business or ministry does not matter nearly as much as your dedication to increasing your skills, commitment to excellence and your willingness to remain a lifelong learner.
Our #1 goal should be to glorify God with the work we do. We are but vessels in the process and our focus must be on Jesus, who's life and words give us the foundation for our work.
You don't have to be a Bible scholar to be a great coach. You first need to be willing to serve. Our training will give you a superb background in scripture so you know where to find what you need along the way. And as your skills increase, God will promote you to greater opportunities.
“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV
Although my courses give you the training necessary to begin or grow on this path, here at PCCCA, there is much more you can and should do on your own.
Top Christian coaches take these actions:
· Get feedback from experts in Christian coach training. If you don’t, you will only be reinforcing any mistakes until they become habit.
· Develop keen awareness about yourself. You will always be a work in progress. You will make mistakes. Be willing to pick up the pieces and start over. Learn from your experiences.
· Work with coaching clients for fee or donation. Refine your skills as you coach others. Always be coaching. Agree to coach others for a testimonial. That will pay you more dividends in the long run, than meager fees.
· Learn Biblically-based coaching skills. Don’t integrate your training with psychology and new age thinking. Don't join secular coaching organizations. Their goals are different than that of a true Christian coach. Keep your early training pure to give you the right foundation and understanding of how God wants you to be coaching. Only add other specialty training, if desired, afterwards.
· Understand when to refer a client to another professional or profession and when not to. Your certification training will teach you this. However a great many coaches return for added certifications because the greater your knowledge base, skills and credentials, the more people you can help. Clients who trust you would rather keep working with you, given the choice.
· Never coach someone when you are in doubt that you can help them. It is better to refer them to someone more qualified. Your client will thank you when they get the help they need and you will remain in integrity. You will gain trust when you are honest about what is best for your client.
· Surround yourself with leaders. Jim Rohn said that you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. That said, make 4 of your closest associates those who are ahead of you. The fifth could be someone you mentor.
· Make it your aim to become as good at marketing as you are at coaching. The truth is that a mediocre coach with great marketing will have a productive, sustainable business or ministry with lots of clients, but an excellent coach with poor marketing will never be able to share their gifts fully or earn a sustainable income.
Naturally, every course we offer at PCCCA is designed to help you become a top Christian coaches, counselors or specialists. However, because practice is so critical to your excellence, we also provide opportunities for you to experience a practicum during your training. I personally provide mentor coaching who wish to progress at an accelerated pace.
"Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who
understands obtain guidance, …” Proverbs 1:5 ESV
If you feel called to Christian coaching, I invite you to reach out to us. You can reach us either by live chat, that you will find at the bottom right of each page or by emailing our help desk at email@example.com. We love hearing from you and discussing options that will fit your time and budget.
© 2018 Leelo Bush PhD
Ready to increase your skills, get trained and certified?
I invite you to click the button below to visit our courses page to select the program that is right for you.
READY FOR ADVANCED TRAINING?
DID YOU KNOW that when you enroll in the Advanced Professional Life Coach course, you will get 100% CREDIT for every penny of tuition you pay, towards your Master Christian Life Coach program if you enroll in the MCLC within 6 months? Get more details about the Advanced course HERE.
The above image is a visual depiction of the digital course contents you receive.